Please Note: All events take place in the Oakland Center of Oakland University (2200 N Squirrel Road, Rochester, MI 48309). Use parking lot 2 and walk south (opposite the pond) for the shortest distance into the Oakland Center. In addition, use parking lot 1 (the big lot off Squirrel Road) and walk east toward the building. The Oakland Center is positioned between the lots and the Clock Tower. Look for Bright Yellow Signs. Look on the Campus Map for more details.
8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. Check-in Registration (coffee, tea, water, snacks)
Pick up your name badge and program
9:00 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. Session One
- Room 1 – Beginner Blogging with WordPress – Deborah Edwards-Onoro
- Room 2 – Pinterest for Writers – Dani Schnakerberg
10:30 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. Session Two
- Room 1 – Making the Transition from a Free WordPress site to a Paid WordPress site – Eric Malcolm
- Room 2 – Beginners Guide to Twitter – Deb Thompson
12:00 noon – 12:30 p.m. Lunch (included: veggie, turkey, roast beef)
12:30 p.m. – 12:45 p.m. Contest Awards
12:45 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. Featured Speaker Nicole Sunstrum
2:00 p.m. – 3:15 p.m. Session Three
- Room 1 – Creating Blog Content & Marketing Your Blog – Lynne Golodner
- Room 2 – Setting Up a Facebook Page, Getting Likes & Generating Traffic – Eric Malcolm
3:30 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. Session Four
- Room 1 – Monetizing Your Blog – Deb Thompson
- Room 2 – Using Wattpad – Sylvia Hubbard
We encourage all attendees to bring a fully charged laptop or tablet. Although not necessary, a computer will enhance the experience with a hands-on feel. Use the hashtag: #RochesterWriters before, during and after the event in your posts, likes, and tweets.
Fresh hot coffee and tea available throughout the day. Light breakfast snacks and a full lunch included with registration. Please contact us if you have special dietary concerns.
Attendees will be able to choose one presentation per session time at the conference. Schedule could change without notice – Rochester Writers reserves the right to add, subtract, or substitute any of the presentations and speakers. Thank you.