Social Media and Blogging for the Writer
Workshops, Lectures and Panel Discussions in Social Media Platforms, Blogging, and Online Tools to help you Build, Use and Market yourself and your writing. Learn to Produce, Publish, and Promote.
Saturday | April 25, 2015 | 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Held in the Oakland Center at Oakland University in Rochester, Michigan
- Nicole Sunstrum – Director of Social Media at University of Michigan
- Sylvia Hubbard – Michigan Author, E-book Author, Networking Master
- Deb Thompson – Lifestyle Blogger
- Lynne Golodner – Blogger, Author and Public Relations Pro
- Deborah Edwards-Onoro – Website Development and Digital Marketing
- Eric Malcolm – Web Designer, Developer and Strategist
- Dani Schnakerberg – Technical Blog Mentor
- Goal Driven Social Communications – Featured Lunch Presentation
- Beginner Blogging with WordPress
- Making the Transition from a Free WordPress Site to a Paid WordPress Site
- Creating Blog Content & Marketing Your Blog
- Monetizing your Blog
Setting Up a Facebook Page, Getting Likes & Generating Traffic
- Beginners Guide to Twitter
- Pinterest for Writers
- Using Wattpad – The world’s largest community of Readers and Writers
We encourage all attendees to bring a fully charged laptop or tablet. Although not necessary, a computer will enhance the experience with a hands-on feel. Use the hashtag: #RochesterWriters before, during and after the event in your posts, likes, and tweets.
Fresh hot coffee and tea available throughout the day. Light breakfast snacks and a full lunch included with registration. Please contact us if you have special dietary concerns.
Attendees will be able to choose one presentation per session time at the conference. Schedule could change without notice – Rochester Writers reserves the right to add, subtract, or substitute any of the presentations and speakers. Thank you.